quarta-feira, 23 de julho de 2003

The Passion, Mel Gibson

Ao mesmo tempo que lemos a notícia de que:
"'Jesus' banned from brick walkway. Park district tells family it can't use name on inscription."

E quando já tinhamos lido em Abril que:

State Senate bars Christian prayer. Jewish lawmakers threaten walk-out over reference to Jesus

" A Maryland minister was barred from giving the opening prayer in the state
Senate after he refused to drop a reference to Jesus.

(...)

Miller issued the orders after two Jewish lawmakers threatened to stage a
boycott of the legislative session if the phrase was not removed.

"I'm shocked by the response. I've never had this happen in 26 years,"
Hughes told the Frederick News-Post. "It just makes me feel that they've
taken away my right as an American to pray, and this is the seat of
government, and that's scary."

Começam a chegar-nos as reacções ao filme "The Passion", do Católico tradicionalista Mel Gibson, sobre as últimas horas de Jesus Cristo e falado em aramaico. Joseph Farah comenta no WorldNetDaily:

"I saw a movie this week that moved me, changed me, inspired me and deepened my faith.

I was blessed to be part of a small group of people invited to a screening in Washington of Mel Gibson's "The Passion."

(...)

Before seeing the picture, I had read quite a bit about this movie. I had read it was controversial. I read some considered it anti-Semitic. I had read there was great concern expressed over the story.

I don't understand why.

(...)

To take issue with this movie is, essentially, to take issue with the Gospels, to take issue with the Christian faith and to take issue with a monumental artistic achievement by a filmmaker of increasing stature.

I wouldn't recommend that path to my friends in the Jewish community. It would be a dreadful mistake. It would set back Christian-Jewish relations – now at a high point in this country.

This is a movie that may not be the biggest box-office success ever, but it will resonate in the hearts and souls of millions and millions of Christians when it is released next spring – and, I suspect, for generations to come.

I am impressed beyond words"

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário