sexta-feira, 14 de novembro de 2003

CARL SCHMITT e Leo Strauss

Ler no Ultimo Reduto sobre Carl Schmitt, faz-me lembrar a entrevista de
Carlo Stagnaro a Vittorio Messori.

* Sobre Vittorio Messori:

Catholic author, who is as keen an observer of reality as he is disenchanted by it. Messori is motivated by a deep Christian realism, which emanates from virtually every line of his last book, Gli occhi di Maria (Mary’s Eyes), written in co-operation with Rino Cammilleri and published in Italy by Rizzoli. He also authored Jesus Hypotheses and the famous Crossing the Threshold of Hope, with Pope John Paul II.

* Carlo Stagnaro co-edits the libertarian magazine "Enclave"

Pergunta de Carlo Stagnaro: Carl Schmitt said the state is born from the secularization of theological concepts, and therefore it is a competing entity, an enemy of religions. What do you think about that?

I agree. See, I understand many of the reasons of the modern anarchists, and I recognize myself in many of the positions of the FORCES organization and the libertarian magazine Enclave. But, I repeat, I believe in original sin, thus I do not underestimate Hobbes’ warning: homo homini lupus (that is, man is the wolf of men). I respect law enforcement officers, because I know I need them; however, do not ask me to love them! I think that the monster state is the Beast of the Apocalypse. In a perspective of faith, the state emerging from the end of the ancien régime horrifies me. In this key, my nightmare is One World Government.

Nota: Claro que está que Carl Schmitt foi também objecto de crítica da referência filosófica dos NeoCon que é Leo Strauss.

Sobre este último ler:

Straussians vs. Paleoconservatives, Paul Gottfried

...Cultural Marxists provide a key to grasping the substance and fictions of managerial tyranny, Straussians have created a defense of such tyranny, disguised as global democracy or as standing up for "values." In short, while critical theory can help one to look more deeply into leftist mechanisms of control and global democratic agitprop, the Straussians have worked to justify and misrepresent such control. In the language of Antonio Gramsci, whose thinking overlapped that of the Frankfurt School, Straussians predictably defend the "hegemonic ideology" associated with the ruling class. They are also heavily, indeed obscenely, rewarded defenders of that ruling class, holding high places in leftist academic institutions, in the government bureaucracy, and in bogus conservative "thinktanks."

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário